spandcompany stamps

spandcompany stamps

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Jar of Love Thank You card

Hello!! About a month ago I signed up for an online class that was offered by a Stampin Up! demonstrator. The kit for this class included the Jar of Love stamp set, framelets, 2 ink pads (with an option to add a third), materials to make 6 cards, and a link to a private tutorial video showing how to make the cards. I got my kit and fell in love!!! I haven't made the cards shown in the video but it did give me inspiration. I need to make a whole bunch of thank you cards. Since I need them in a large quantity, I wanted something simple but still cute and thoughtful. I took sheets of Neenah Bright White card stock and cut them to 4 x 5 1/4. For my image, I stamped the baby's breath in Memento: Toffee Crunch, the stems in Memento: Bamboo Leaves, the jar and thanks sentiment in Memento: Tuxedo Black, the water in Stamin Up!: Soft Sky, & the flowers were stamped in Stampin Up!: Calipso Coral & Real Red. I only use the framelets to cut out the flowers. I just used a little Tobow Multi Mono Liquid Glue to adhere them. I thin realized that I didn have enough colored card stock to make all the card bases the same so I decided to just make the first one for a special friend. I took a piece of blue 8 1/2 x 11 card stock and cut it in half. I scored it down the middle, folded it and rounded the corners, I rounded the corners of one of my images and adhered it with ATG. For the rest of my cards, I picked up a few 12 packs of card bases/envelopes from Walmart.

No comments:

Post a Comment