spandcompany stamps

spandcompany stamps

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Operation Valentines

In my binge YouTube watching, I came across a video that mysisterscrapper posted about Valentine cards that she was making for a great cause I'm Mel B's channel. It's called Operation Valentines. Here is a link to Mel's video. This really got me excited!! I jumped up and ran to my craft room and got some ideas! I have a cute stamp set from SP&Co called "Candy Hearts". Now I've been watching a lot of Kristina Warner & Sandy Allnock. They use Neenah card stock for their Copic coloring and it just so happens that my Walmart has started carrying it. So I bought a pack to test it out. So I grabbed a sheet, stamped a bunch of hearts Using Memento ink in "Tuxedo Black", & colored them with my Copic markers.
I have to say that coloring the small ones seemed fine but when I colored the bigger ones, it didn't seem like the color went on very smooth. Anyhow, I spent about an hour doing all the stamping and coloring then it was most definitely time for bed! So after I awoke this morning and got some housework done, I sat down to start cutting (I don't have a die for the hearts). It took me about two and a half hours!! This included stopping to walk the dogs and put away laundry.
I used my memento marker to clean up the edges. Then I went to my paper stash and found a yellow paper that I liked. I used the 1/2 inch side of my corner chomper just on the bottom corners of the card and patterned paper. Then I used my Tombow multi wet glue (also new to my Walmart) to adhere the hearts to the card. The sentiment on the front of the card is from another SP stamp set called "Love Rocks" and the inside sentiment is from the candy heart set. They are both stamped in Ranger Archival ink in "Red Geranium".
Now all I have to do is wait for Mel to email me back with her address so I can send them to her! I really enjoyed making these cards knowing that they were going to a great cause!!

No comments:

Post a Comment