spandcompany stamps

spandcompany stamps

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Project Life weeks 16-18

This is what I worked on all day Sunday! Well, besides laundry lol. I made myself go into my craft room, sit down, pull out my PL stuff and get after it! Let's get right into it! The first part of week 16 is a traditional layout (front and back) The front side shows the last day of our revival at church. I used a sheet of paper that my friend Julie had sent me as the base. All of the pictures are backed with craft cardstock. I used some journaling cards from the BH, PL core kit: elder edition that I embellished with my Viva Décor pearl pens -black, gold, & violet. All of the edges are inked with Tim Holtz DI: Walnut Stain and the title is made with foam stickers. The pictures of deviled eggs (for pot luck lunch afterward) were to show that I forgot about the water and they were almost boiled dry ~~oops~~ and that they were sliding all over the place inside that pan during the car ride lol! Below those are a picture of the Barney doll my niece left (he looks like he's rejoicing) and of our pastor introducing our guest speaker. The last picture on the layout is of our guest speaker who came all the way from Cali to speak to us, Ruben Zaragoza. He gave an awesome testimonial that I wrote on a journaling card and stuck behind the picture. I attached a pull tab on it. I should have thought that out better... now you have to pull out the entire layout to read it... eh. The next layout is pictures that I took while my friend and I walked at the park. I used a piece of paper from a paper pack by Studio G, backed all the photos on some textured orange cardstock and used Tim Holtz DI: Broke China to ink the edges. I didn't do a lot of journaling (just a blurb about the turtles) but did create a title by using a piece of scrap orange cardstock. It was already shaped like that and I really liked it! So I just wrote out my title with a purple Sharpie marker and popped it up an adhesive foam tape. I cut out a cute turtle and two adorable squirrels on my cricut with the Create A Critter cartridge. I cut the squirrels out on white card and colored them with my copics. The next layouts are all pocket pages. Two design A's front and back. I used a mixture of March, April, and May Studio Calico PL monthly kits. Along with some home made enamel dots, decorative tape, and a few other misc stamps. I felt sooo accomplished at the end of the night and as you can see, my Blue Heeler even got involved lol! The rest of this week I hope to work on more. I have all of my pictures and have them planned out in my PL planner... I just need to do it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment