spandcompany stamps

spandcompany stamps

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Altered Frame

This is a project that I did earlier in the week. I just haven't had a moment to post it to my blog until now. I bought this frame at Good Will around a year ago! My husband really loves the coffee that my grandpa buys so we have started ordering it ourselves. My last order contained two new travel mugs. When we were fixing to leave for church, I noticed all three of us using our Community Coffee cups and had to get a picture. Then I thought, "I want to display it". Perfect opportunity to alter that old frame! I started by painting the dark green outer frame a dark brown with acrylic paint. While the paint was drying I colored and paper pieced my images from The Greeting Farm. Café Ian> skin: E00, E11, E02 hair: E47, E79, E49 cup: C00, C01 shirt: C00 Latte Anya> skin: E0000, E000, E02 hair: E97, E99, YR27 cup: E50, E51, E53 coffee sleeve: YG41, YG45 shirt: B0000, B01 boots: E35, E37, E39. I glued a strand of flat back pearls that my friend Sherry sent all around the frame. I folded up a doily from Nica's shop (Simply Shimmery Scraps) and added an assortment of flowers. The carnation looking ones are some that I made using scallop circles. The large pattern paper roses are from Prima and there is one little pink rose from Wild Orchid Crafts. The cute little coffee cups are actually metal brads that my friend Constance sent me. I clipped off the brad part and glued them down. I took a tag from the packaging (from my coffee order), added another one of those brads to it, and glued it to the frame as well. I absolutely love it and it didn't really take any time at all. It's proudly displayed in my living room now!

No comments:

Post a Comment